Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm glad I found this site - because I need help figuring out what I have and what to do with it.

Long story short - I'm tasked with figuring out the value of an estate and one of the items I came across literally buried in the garage, is what I believe to be a 1957 Bel Air.

There is so much trash in and around the car, and the main garage doors can't be opened ... these photos represent as much of the car as I have been able to see so far.

So ... kind members of TriFive ---- what have I got and what should I do with it?

Thanks and cheers - Ken.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Yep, congratulations you have a '57 Chevy.
Now uncover it and see what kind of condition its in, then maybe a dollar amount could be put on it???????

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,379 Posts
Ken....Now that's what I call a "Barn Find" If the front emblems are chrome and the grille is silver, it is a 210 or 150 model......Keep digging.....Let's see more. :D:tu

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Whether it is a Belair or not does not effect the value as much as the condition it is in and the body style. Belair is just a trim level of the same car.
Body style and condition has much more influence on value that trim level. You need to see more of the car to determine what you got.
Jim

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Looks like a 57 210 model. Body condition is more important than whether or not it's a Belair or 210 or 150. Silver grilles in 210's and 150's Gold in Belairs. Hood v gold on Belairs and silver on 210 and 150

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
THAT'S What I was thinking!! OR Maybe a Nomad???
Me too! It could be just about anything, right? Not sure, but I didn't think that they made 210 convertibles or nomads. So, 2 or 4 door sedan or wagon, 2 or 4 door hardtop, right?

What is it??? :happy0030: I can't wait to see!!!:D

Later,

Mike

ps - what to do with it? HAVE FUN!!!

·
Registered
66,315 Posts
:hello: hi ken and welcome. good to have you here. :stupido2: value? condition, condition, condition. pics too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all for the welcome and the info ... I must say that I am now quite interested myself to see what this is ... and to be clear this car is not mine, it's part of an estate ... so whatever it turns out to be it will be junked or sold. The property is sold and will close soon, so I have to dispose of it one way or another sooner than later.

So now I've decided to spend the day tomorrow getting into the garage and uncovering the car.

From what I've discovered so far it appears that the deceased was at one time a long-term employee of GM Canada and may have started there as early as the early 50s - I think he was born in 1925.

It seems that in fact he helped develop their IT infrastructure in the late 50s and early 60s ... and if his life's journey went the way most did of his era ... he probably retired from GM in the late 70s or early 80s. There is also a 1981 Malibu in the garage which could very well have been his "retirement car" - but it has obvious front-end collision damage and has obviously been sitting there for quite some time.

So from this I'm surmising that he may have bought the 57 new while employed with GM, and may have in fact held it as a collectible ... so I've got my fingers crossed for reasonably good condition and low miles.

So after getting into the garage my next job will be to find the ownership and a key ... if I can't find a key are there any tricks to getting into it without one?

Thanks again - Ken.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,379 Posts
Keep us posted Ken....With photos

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.