Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the board , I've got a 55 2door post (mostly a shell at the moment) , I'm sure I'll have allot of questions - I promise to use the search first :) I decided to get this project going because my family was too many to fit in my 71 vett , I learned if you can get everyone excited about ridin' it's easier to spend the $ on parts :D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Welcome Falfa-55!
Graffiti fan I see!!!! Lots of great people and information here. Unless you live alone...Your car will become a family affair. I cherish the time spent wrenchin' with my now 19 year old son. He and I show our '55 together locally. Cruisin' with my wife is a blast also. I just need to purchase her a "Pink Poodle" skirt and sweater outfit! "NO-WAY I'm wearing one of those!" she say's.:rolleyes:

My two passions...Family and Tri Five's!! Happy Holidays!!

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys , you guys are up on your movie trivia , thats for sure. My father bought this car about 15 yrs ago (works overseas , retires dec 24) to restore. Soon after purchasing the post car , his brother spotted a 56 HT , they stopped in to ask if it was for sale , the lady told them her late husband had passed about a year ago , and wasn't sure if she could sell it , a week later she called my dad and said she was ready to sell but she wanted to "sell them all together" ? turns out the late tri5 guy had two 55 HT in the garage all kind of parts , rebuilt eng & tranies , another 55 truck , and the 56 ht on the street. Well , he was easy to talk out of the post (my favorite anyways). Time to start putting these cars together.

Merry Christmas
Todd

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! This is a good place to look for solutions to your problems....Car related of course :D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Sounds like they got quite a haul when the fellow passed away...

Let us know where you're at in the resto and what kind of help you need. I'm such a novice that I won't be much help, but I know some of the 'experts' we have here can help and if you're another 'expert' we can use ya! Thanks for joining. Looking forward to some photos.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum Falfa-55,
This site is growing on a daily basis and is a very friendy atmosphere for us to ask questions about our tri fives. Lots of knowledge to help us out thats for sure.

Sincerely,
Dave Twin Blown 57:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.