Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although I am new the TriFive, I already feel very welcomed. I became a member this morning and promptly put up a single ad to check out the Classified section (without making my first post here ... forgive me). Later today I received a call from one of the members here on TriFrive, "57 Born to Run." We had a great conversation and he gave me a bit of advice, "You ought to consider saying hello and building some credibility first." Thanks for the advice! And so ...

You probably don't know me, but I am sure that many of you would know my father, Danny Howell. If you don't know the name, perhaps you know the companies that he helped establish: Classic Chevy International, Late Great Chevy Association, Bow Tie Chevy, and Yester Years (most of which have been bought out by Ecklers). Currently, I work for my father at Southeast Chevy Parts. The only thing that Ecklers did not purchase was the used parts department of the aforementioned companies (minus CCI). So, my father the business man, turned the used parts department into what is now know as Southeast Chevy Parts. We sell used and restored original parts for 1955-1972 Full-size Chevy's.

Hopefully, we will be able to help those of you wanting quality parts from someone who has been in the business for over 30 years (not me of course, but my dad). Perhaps, if some of you are interested, I could post about the history and origins of CCI and LGC ... I just learned about it yesterday over lunch at a Chinese Buffet. The food was good, but the story was better!

James
www.southeastchevy.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
95 Posts
1955 chevrolet parts

Hey, glad to see you on this site. I have known your dad for many years with Classic Chevy Club, My #67 show's how long I have been around the 1955 Chevrolet , like 1971. I sold your Dad ton of used parts for the rechrome exchange [email protected] Classic Chevy when they were sending parts the Lemon Grove plating in Calif. I helped build box's to ship bumpers from Don Dixon #92 also.Tell your dad hello for me and good luck on this site, Craig LePage , Idaho falls, Idaho

·
Registered
68,504 Posts
:hello: hi james and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. ............:confused0006: got a trifive?

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Hi again James and :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive. As I said this morning I have known your Dad and Wendell Snowden since the late 80`s.In fact one of my cars was in Wendell`s shop the day before hurricane Andrew in 92.I took it out and put it 150 miles north in my garage. Unfortunately Wendell lost all the convertibles and hard tops while my car went unharmed.I can`t speak for all the members but I would love to hear the stories of the beginnings of CCI and LGC. Once again welcome to bowtie-trifive (P.S.........it`s about time :sign0020:) :shakehands:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As soon as I mentioned your name (Craig LePage) and Don Dixon, my dad perked up, "Oh man do I remember them. Tell them I say hello. We did a lot of business back in the day."

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hello :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

Eugene

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:wavey::sign0016: to the group James. :p3:post plenty of photos, we :love: them.
I will certainly post photos ... but I must warn you, they will be unique since the majority of my photography is taking an old rusty and dilapidated Chevy and capturing a perspective that makes it look beautiful. I think it reflects what we do ... we are in the restoration business. So I take cars and parts that other people would consider ugly ... and I make them beautiful!

Here's a sampling of a '61 Chevy Biscayne (BTW where would I post the photos?)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.