Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does any one have any creative financing tips for restoring you classic? Does a restoration donation jar at car shows sound too tacky or Has any one ever seen one?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Nothing too creative here, just that you really should plan ahead, spend what you can afford and don't overdo it. With the practical side represented, you could do what lots of us do -- spend, spend, spend, and when the money runs out, spend some more!

On a more serious note -- if I was going to do a serious, frame-off, expensive restoration, I'd consider a home equity loan. What could be better than getting the car done and getting a tax break at the same time?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I start pulling out all the junk I have collected over the years and sell it. I figure if I havn't needed it in 5 years, I can do without it. I use the money the fund my next step in the building plan.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
chevman57 said:
Depends on the time table you plan to use. I personally save up, buy the parts i`ve picked out to get this time, start saving again, etc,etc, Terry.
Ditto. This is exactly how I did mine. It never had to be fed when funds were low, but thats me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.