Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to purchase a 1955 4 dr belair 235 6 cyl automatic w/power steering, and would like to get some advice;it needs a good paint job and the interior has to be done except the header and the carpet.what is the fair price of this vehicle and and how much would the needed work cost? Thanks in advance.

68,758 Posts
:hello:hi ja. very hard without pics. 4door and a 6 will make it less in value to begin with. condition of body and frame are important. solid car will cost alot less to fix up too. these cars always cost more to restore than figure. if this 55 is a driver, than i'm going to guess at about $3500 ( but who knows without pics and seeing it :confused0024:).

·
Registered
844 Posts
I paid $3400 for my 56 bel air 4 door that is in good shape rust wise. It did not run but I was able to get it runing. About $3000 later, I am ready to get it to the body shop. We are talking brakes, shocks, rear leaf springs, tie rod ends, dual exhaust, a few body parts that were too good to pass up (I have spent $500 on might needs) radiator, and some engine stuff. I have a runing tally of where the money went but my wife just shakes her head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts