Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Hi Brad and :sign0016: aboard to bowtie-trifive from Perth, Australia :shakehands: Glad to have you here with us :tu:tu

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Hi gang, first post.

I have a 55 with a 350 and a 70s era steering system with what I believe to be a Saginaw box.

The aluminum exhaust manifolds leak and no matter how much I tweak and torque (without breaking something) they leak. I want to move to headers but after looking at Summit and Speedway I figured ask the crowd.

Any recommendations on a set of shortys or block huggers that have worked out well?

Thanks!
Aluminum? Picture, Brand? Can you have them machined/resurfaced?

·
Administrator
67,972 Posts
Hi gang, first post.

I have a 55 with a 350 and a 70s era steering system with what I believe to be a Saginaw box.

The aluminum exhaust manifolds leak and no matter how much I tweak and torque (without breaking something) they leak. I want to move to headers but after looking at Summit and Speedway I figured ask the crowd.

Any recommendations on a set of shortys or block huggers that have worked out well?

Thanks!
Hi Brad,

You have posted in the :sign0016: section where you are going to get bombbarded with welcome posts.
Post questions in the right forum areas and you`ll get answers to your questions.
:anim_25:

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
:sign0016:

Funny thing you should ask about your exhaust. I just replaced my block huggers (very cheap alternative) with some cast Sanderson's. I had to dimple the block huggers to clear my CPP500 steering box and was not happy with the very tight clearance. The Sanderson cast iron headers are VERY compact and now they look like they "belong". I found mine on Craigslist used but in really good condition. They have some kind of coating on them. New ones will run you over $300 if I remember correctly.

Here they are, closer to $400

Attachments

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifiveBrad:shakehands: Glad you found us... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Hi gang, first post.

Thanks!
Hey Brad, Welcome to the World of Tri-Five from Houston !!! We're really glad you joined us, best of luck with your 55 Chevy BelAir project :tu you've come to the right place... be sure to tell us a little about it and post a few pix and updates as you go, we'd lov to see'em...:tu take care, BDR...:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Hey Brad, welcome to bowtie-trifive, you'll find many friends here.
:congrats:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.