Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help identifying these calipers.I am wanting to replace the pads with something that does no create so much brake dust! And as all you guys no when you go into a parts store now days, if they dont know what year etc. they are clueless!:confused0006:(just like me at the moment)The caliper bolts are aprox. 5 1/2"-5 3/4" from center to center.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,052 Posts
79-84 on the Malibu. All 80s and most 90s on the S10. These are very common calipers. You should have a wide selection of pads at a good auto supply.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Take a pair of pads down to a good parts store. They should have a mug-shot book showing a couple silhouette shots of each type of pad available.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Like they say, take a set to the parts store and compare but it does look like the GM metric caliper. 78 to 88 monte carlo, buick regal, olds cutlass, chev malibu, pont lemans, grand prix, firebirds, camaros, S-10, just about all mid-size GM cars in the 80's

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
1978-87 just about every Chevy during those years. Use 1980 Monte Carlo for reference, that's how I remember them. They are called D154 pads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts