Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the paint store to buy a quart of paint, for the firewall. I want Adobe Beige and Sierra Gold for my '56 Bel Air. The guy working the counter had to pull out the old catalog which was falling apart. Then he couldn't find the page with the color chips for '56 Chevrolets. I eventually found a printed page of popular paint codes for 55-57 Chevys. The information is below. He then fed the paint codes into the computer and had no matches for any of them. Anyone have the paint codes for these colors in PPG or Dupont? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Jason

Adobe Beige
DUCO # 2288 DULUX # 59895

Sierra Gold
DUCO # 2287 DULUX # 59894

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi, I would recommend emailing TCPGlobal.com which is also the Restoration Shop. They have a web site to help you find the code and the also can supply the paint and most all painting supplies. I have used them, like their products and service. They are in San Diego. regards, Steve

·
Registered
13,434 Posts
This guy found my code for '55 Regal Turquoise no problem. I think the color is perfect.

http://www.autorodtechnologies.com/

Chad shipped me a sample first and I then bought a gallon. Great guy to deal with and top-notch quality paints.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I found the PPG paint mixture codes today. Bought a quart of gold to paint the floor bottom and firewall, prior to dropping the body back down. Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts