Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a '56 210 Townsman wagon, with the 265 Power Pack set-up. It came to me with a cobbled up (wrong) throttle return spring, which won't let the car run right. I have the correct spring ordered (I think!) but can't see where it attaches at the rear - the carb linkage attachment point. Feeling dumb. (I see the catch bracket for the forward end of the spring OK.)

Can someone provide a photo of the driver's side of a stock '56 Power Pack showing the carb linkage and - most importantly - the throttle return spring attachment point at the carb? Gotta get this set up right so I can drive properly! (I've ordered a Shop Manual and Assembly Manual so I can see this stuff for myself, but that'll be days getting here...)

It's the stock Rochester 7008737

Many thanks!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,751 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Sorry to hear about the linkeage.
I've got some photos of the linkeage for the 6 cylinder 235, but I guess they won't help.

Welcome to the site too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That photo is perfect! Thanks, 557B210 - that's what I needed.

No, there's no rear spring - I was trying to say I'm looking for the "rear attachment point" of the single, (front) spring. So the drawing shows me there is a little hole in the front of the pivot linkage that my old eyes couldn't see! I'll go look harder right now.

·
Administrator
66,194 Posts
That photo is perfect! Thanks, 557B210 - that's what I needed.

No, there's no rear spring - I was trying to say I'm looking for the "rear attachment point" of the single, (front) spring. So the drawing shows me there is a little hole in the front of the pivot linkage that my old eyes couldn't see! I'll go look harder right now.
A picture tells a thousand words :tu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts