Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found my SS bucket seats thanks to St8axel. Ray, it's always nice to meet another Tri-fiver! Just another reason why this site is the best! This morning I am in "Tri-five heaven" with these seats. One of the sliders for the tracks seems to be missing a "shoe" that the slider rides on. Any of you guys running these buckets know of anywhere to find parts for these or will I have to fab up something on my own or buy another slider? Also what method did you use to mount then into your car.

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
235 Posts
Try Impala Bobs or Year One. If I remember right Year One had better prices.
As far as mounting goes, we cut the long pedestals down to fit the floorpan, we also found that just shimming the short pedestals would have left the seat too high for us.
We were able to use the factory seat mounting holes on the front, but the seat is adjusted all the way back to be comfortable. I think with a smaller than stock steering wheel we would be able to slide the seat forward and still be comfortable.

Good luck

Clint

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, I removed the slider from the seat but didn't disassemble. What is missing is a wheel that the track slides on. I need to find this part to salvage the track. Anyone have any ideas?

Don

·
Registered
224 Posts
Don,
Glad you're happy!!! It was a pleasure talking to you. I haven't forgotten, I have just been very busy and haven't had a chance to check the sliders that I have left from the Corvair buckets. I'll look first thing in the morn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.