Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you have asked in the past why join a car club, its a hassle and so on. You are right it is, but as a group you get a chance to do some neat things. Our triFive club, Tri Valley Classic Chevy Club (TVCCC) goes to the local Veterans Hospital in Livermore every year to hand out supplies they have asked for.

We bring the cars (usually only about 8 to 10), a pot luck lunch for us and sit around an pack the give away bags. Once its ready we accompany the hospital staff going to ALL the rooms and giving out bags of goodies they need. The ones that can leave their rooms or the hospital come out to the cars and get a personal tour of the cars, photos are taken with them by Polaroid (yes its hard to get film anymore) and given to them. Its amazing how a simple photo and a little trip back down memory lane makes their day great:tu

This year we asked any other clubs or non club members to go with us, we got a huge turnout with 35+ cars and trucks joining us. This year each resident there received two bags of goodies and got to see some neat vehicles as well. While it seems so easy to do, it isn't, its a very emotional thing for those attending, its tough to see your fellow humans living a tough life here and realizing it could be one of your own relatives. Congrates to those that came out and participated:congrats:

Loading the bags with tee shirts, cars, stationary, hats, socks and toiletries

The Ford F-100 club came in force:sign0016:

Checking out the cars

I watched one lady (she had to be 65 herself) pushing her father up to the 56 and pointing out the display on the window and saying "remember when we used to go out in your car and get the meal like that"

Many times they wanted the owners to be int he photo with them

If any of you in the Bay Area want to join us next year you are :sign0016:, I will post it earlier next year, or send me an email and I will add you to a list.

It was a great day for all,
Randy

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
I cannot possibly count the number of days that I have spent in a VA hospital. I had one of my stays last year last a week.I spent a month in a cancer ward when I was 32 years old.My longest time was 3 months in Jamaica Plains (Massachusetts).
The joy that Randy and people like him bring to us Vets is almost unimaginable,Even just a visit means a lot.But of course,when they bring goodies,that's even better.:congrats::congrats:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey don't get me wrong, this is a group effort, I was just one of the many participants.

Randy

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Thanks Randy and everyone else who takes the time to help vets. We never asked for anything, but are very grateful for everything we receive. Veterans day is very hard for many of us. Its hard to remember, but we will NEVER EVER FORGET!!
Jeffrey
67-68

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Great thing that you guys and gals did Randy! Maybe my 57' will be road worthy enough next year to make the trip over the hill to join you.

Don
USAF 65-69

·
Registered
383 Posts
Stand up thing to do! :congrats::tu

Quality people here. :tu

·
Registered
178 Posts
veterans are better thought of than in days passed. i think it has to do with so many more younger ones seeing how it was first hand for the older ones and doing something positive about it. i remember returning from Viet Nam in 69 being cussed and spit on in the airport, the big change when i returned from Iraq in 05 pepole were clapping and cheering us in the airports. Thanks to all that take the time to make vets feel welcome. 1967-2007 Marines, Army, National Guard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts