Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a solid running 700R4 with the wire harness and the torque converter. And they guy gave me a warranty on the trans to not be defective. Here are the first cleaning pictures. I need to go get some oven cleaner to finish up the rest.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I think so $200.00 with warranty + the torque converter. And he even swapped out the tail pc and installed the mechanical gear for my cable speedo.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Yeah I think so $200.00 with warranty + the torque converter. And he even swapped out the tail pc and installed the mechanical gear for my cable speedo.
wow just like a broken drum, it can't be beat... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Nice! That really cleaned up well.

You wouldn't have found that at Pomona by any chance? I get down there maybe once a year, but haven't been for a while.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! That really cleaned up well.

You wouldn't have found that at Pomona by any chance? I get down there maybe once a year, but haven't been for a while.
HAHA Yup I was down at Pomona at 3am, I found that trans way way in the back. I think I was the first up there. i was 2nd in line at the gate.

·
Registered
66,285 Posts
great price and cleaned up real good. :five:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thaks, I'm going to try out a can of oven cleaner next. See how that goes.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
If it were me I think I would have the front and rear seals replaced. It may save you a lot of work later. But that's the kind of luck I have. Otherwise you got a great deal!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Is that a wiring Harness coming from the Drivers Side of the Trans..If so isn't that a 4L60E...just asking as a friend bought what was thought to be a 700R4 but it had the Electricial connector on the Drivers side and ended up being a 4L60E..which the kit to convert to non-electric was about 500 Bucks!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just be care with that stuff :tu Itll work great :anim_25:
Why do you say that? Is it pretty harsh?

If it were me I think I would have the front and rear seals replaced. It may save you a lot of work later. But that's the kind of luck I have. Otherwise you got a great deal!
Is that pretty easy to do? Something I can do myself?

Is that a wiring Harness coming from the Drivers Side of the Trans..If so isn't that a 4L60E...just asking as a friend bought what was thought to be a 700R4 but it had the Electricial connector on the Driver’s side and ended up being a 4L60E..Which the kit to convert to non-electric was about 500 Bucks!!!
It is a plug on the side but I’m pretty sure it’s not a 4L60E. I think the plug controls the lockup feature.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Why do you say that? Is it pretty harsh?

Is that pretty easy to do? Something I can do myself?

It is a plug on the side but I’m pretty sure it’s not a 4L60E. I think the plug controls the lockup feature.
Changing seals: The tail piece has an o-ring where it bolts on to the trans and a rear seal where the yoke goes in that you can do ( just be careful not to gouge the sealing area when you remove the old one.). The front I'd leave to a professional. There's also an o-ring in the speedo assembly on the side that if needed could be done after trans. is installed.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Love the 4 speed autos. I've used both the 200-4r and the 700-r4. Both are tremendous.

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41904

This thread is about the gears to get the speedo to work correctly. The calculator will tell you what combo to use for tire size and rear gear ratio.

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Changing seals: The tail piece has an o-ring where it bolts on to the trans and a rear seal where the yoke goes in that you can do ( just be careful not to gouge the sealing area when you remove the old one.). The front I'd leave to a professional. There's also an o-ring in the speedo assembly on the side that if needed could be done after trans. is installed.
Cool thanks for the tips! I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Don't you just love that swap meet? I'm taking 3 friends over to the next one, in October. We'll leave Friday, with a car for sale on my trailer. Get in Sat morning as a seller. Makes a great guys weekend.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts