1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was behind a truck the other day. His 3rd brake light would flash 3 or 4 times and the stay on when he used the brakes. I liked that. Dave figured out how we can do that to ours....:tu
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I got mine from this guy. good person to work with!! I love the blinking part to get other drivers attention.

TECHNOSTALGIA:
LED TAIL LIGHTS
Todd
[812] 265-0062
Good luck,
Jeffrey

·
51,751 Posts
:confused0006:Hey guys what does this flashing 3rd brake light look like? Frank
The flashing third bake light is just a simple adaptation of these electronic modules from RapidFire.....See link:http://shiny-hiney.com/rapidfire.html Any LED third brake light can be used....Mickey bought the kit (two)...I'm buying one from him.

Add On RapidFire™ Controller

Every time the brakes are used our lights will flash for three times in rapid succession followed by a constant on. This cycle is repeated every time the brakes are used. This valuable safety feature helps ensure the visibility to other drivers.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,009 Posts
You can get flashing modules that will flash almost any configuration. And they are easily installed. And there are some that are WAY cheaper than $25.

This one is a mere $4.95
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/car-strobe-modules/brake-light-strobe-module/195/845/

It it will only work with LED 3rd lights alone.
When brakes are applied weatherproof strobe module rapidly flashes LED brake or reverse lights 4 times for 0.4 seconds, slowly 4 times for 2.6 seconds then lights remain on constant bright mode until brake pedal is released. 1.25 Amp max load.
This is $7.95
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/car-strobe-modules/brake-light-strobe-module/194/844/

This one will run all you LED's It will flash 20 times
Higher Visibility Brake or Reverse Light

Upon applying the brake, strobe module heightens visibility by causing brake light bulb to flash 20 times for 2 seconds (10Hz), and then remain in constant on mode for as long as brake is applied. Use for LED brake lights & reverse lights only, 10 Amp maximum load, Weatherproof. Can be installed using one strobe module in line with main brake power wire, this is a cost effective yet more difficult installation. For easier installation, use wiring diagram shown to the right.

I would want the tails to be constant on when brakes applied all the time, then have the 3rd light be the flasher.

If you dind't want a 3rd light then LED tails could be made to flash when hitting the brakes as well. But the above only work with LED's NOT reg. blubs.

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Looks like a great safety item.Post some pics after the installation. Are they available on E-Bay?
Big Bob:flag4::bowtier:

·
51,751 Posts

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,009 Posts

·
51,751 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts