Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I finally did it! I finally bought a Gibson Les Paul! This one is a 2012 L/P Traditional in Chicago Blue with a AA flamed maple top. I decided to sell off some of my low end guitars to fund the purchase of the Gibson. Can't say I'm disappointed!

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
My brother in Tennessee who has a large collection would be proud.:tu

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
You'll enjoy many hours of "therapy" with that new axe. Congratulations!
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i'm happy for you and sad for me :( i sold a 59 les paul to buy an sg . little did i know what it would be worth someday .

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Very NICE :tu:tu:congrats:

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Wow! beatiful guitar you got there mister! :congrats:

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Nice Axe, I also play and have a 1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom as well as a 1975 Stratocaster. I like the color

·
Registered
67,793 Posts
congrats, have fun with it. :thrasher:

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Nice guitar :tu:tu The only downfall is the weight...Way too heavy.
Not necessarily.... my '58 Historic Tea Burst is barely 8 lbs.
Les Pauls can sound good light or heavy, just depends on the particular guitar.

Wraplock,

I've been a Fender guy my whole life but the last couple of years I've finally figured out how to get the magic out of my Gibsons and I love 'em. Once I lowered the pickups on my Les Paul it became a lot more versatile. I'm still learning to REALLY use the volume and tone knobs because there are a ton of in-between tones in there.
That guitar is a beauty.

·
Registered
839 Posts
WoW Nice!!! I am a Drummer in a local R&R band here in my town and both
Guitar players have LP's,Gotta say they both sound Great!!!

Beautiful Color! Like it Allot!
Congrats
Allen

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not necessarily.... my '58 Historic Tea Burst is barely 8 lbs.
Les Pauls can sound good light or heavy, just depends on the particular guitar.

Wraplock,

I've been a Fender guy my whole life but the last couple of years I've finally figured out how to get the magic out of my Gibsons and I love 'em. Once I lowered the pickups on my Les Paul it became a lot more versatile. I'm still learning to REALLY use the volume and tone knobs because there are a ton of in-between tones in there.
That guitar is a beauty.
Geoff

Like you I have played fender guitars for about 50 years. My Son just bought my Grandson a Gibson L/P Goldtop for his 16th. birthday. I was always told one of the ways to select an electric guitar was to see how it sounded unplugged. After I played the kids Goldtop I ran and grabbed my American Tele and boy was there a difference. I sold off two Epiphones I had, a Dot and a L/P copy, and added the rest of the money for this one. And you're right about the weight. My Son has a Studio that has a chambered body and it sounds just as good as this one!

Don

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
:tu Very nice guitar! I bought my Les Paul used in 1983, its 1981 tobacco sunburst with Dimarzio super distortion humbuckers. You will want a strap lock for the for the front strap button, it would be a shame to drop it when you get carried away rockin out.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:tu Very nice guitar! I bought my Les Paul used in 1983, its 1981 tobacco sunburst with Dimarzio super distortion humbuckers. You will want a strap lock for the for the front strap button, it would be a shame to drop it when you get carried away rockin out.
Strap locks was the first thing I did before waxing it!

Don

1 - 20 of 21 Posts