Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... or are you willing to take some? I'd like to see a nice selection of pictures submitted to the Trifive Calendar Contest (click on Photo Gallery in the blue field to find it).
We have a couple months to polish up those mags and rinse the sawdust of your winter projects off the roof.
Take some shots - look the previous calendar and see what kind of image we're looking for. - remember to set that camera to highest resolution!
Thanks all. Have a great summer.

·
Administrator
49,473 Posts
I'd like to see a nice selection of pictures submitted to the Trifive Calendar Contest (click on Photo Gallery in the blue field to find it).
Phil looks like you typed it clear enough to me as to where to submit the pics to.;)
Terry

·
Registered
222 Posts
... or are you willing to take some? I'd like to see a nice selection of pictures submitted to the Trifive Calendar Contest (click on Photo Gallery in the blue field to find it).
We have a couple months to polish up those mags and rinse the sawdust of your winter projects off the roof.
Take some shots - look the previous calendar and see what kind of image we're looking for. - remember to set that camera to highest resolution!
Thanks all. Have a great summer.
Do you want a hi-res image to post on the internet or do you just need a hi-res image available to submit to the printer if needed?

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
Phil, can we submit photos that were submitted last year but could not post due to posting problems with Trifive website? So you had us send directly to you last year?

My wife's motto is: You can never take enough photos of Trifives.
She's never without a camera and empty memory cards.

KINGS X 56

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you want a hi-res image to post on the internet or do you just need a hi-res image available to submit to the printer if needed?
The submissions posted to this sight are restricted, as far as size. Otis posted a "Help with photos" link in the blue field.
If your picture is included (near the end of September) for the final round of selections, We'll need the largest copy you have.
Thanks for asking.

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phil, can we submit photos that were submitted last year but could not post due to posting problems with Trifive website? So you had us send directly to you last year?

My wife's motto is: You can never take enough photos of Trifives.
She's never without a camera and empty memory cards.

KINGS X 56
Right - can't take enough, and can't submit too many.
Just upload the shots to the Trifive Calendar Contest.
Lighting may strike twice, -Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
I've tried for a couple of years to get a pic. I still haven't found anyone that can explain to me what a "large format" picture is. But I'll keep trying.....

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I can't thank Otis, TriFive.com and Phil for having our 56 as 2013's July car of the month. It was pretty special being selected to Trifive's calendar.

That being said, I want to see someone else's car featured in the 2014 Trifive Calendar.

Good luck!

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've tried for a couple of years to get a pic. I still haven't found anyone that can explain to me what a "large format" picture is. But I'll keep trying.....
Your probably making it more difficult than it is Dwight.
On back of many digital cameras you can set the size of the picture you take.
It's an advantage digital cameras have over the film cameras.
They all seem to have their own menu, (a friend used to like to say "The best part of standards, is there are so many to choose from"), but if you can find a way to set the camera to a setting called something like "High Quality" or "Large Format". Some cameras actually display the image size - in that case, pick the largest.

some menu samples I found-

Once in a while I get a huge image that some of the newer cameras are capable of. That's fine. I can always shrink an image - turns out nice and sharp. In spite of what the CSI shows on TV tell us, You can't make a small image larger without creating a blur or softness.

For regular picture taking, that won't be printed on paper, I just use a medium format. It takes up less space on the memory card, and looks fine on the computer screen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts