Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a blast cabinet. Used, or a really good deal on a new one. In the SoCal area. Working space needs to be at least 48"x24"x23". Anyone have any ideas?? Or maybe has one you want to sell? Jim

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Make sure you get one with a square glass. When it gets cloudy, a glass shop can cut you a new one, rather than having to order one.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Might try ebay, I see them on there all the time................... :anim_25:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
My..

Make sure you get one with a square glass. When it gets cloudy, a glass shop can cut you a new one, rather than having to order one.
TIP cabinet has the glass mounted on the outside of the wall. Once the glass was "toast", I went to Lowes and had a sheet of 1/4" plastic cut into 4 pcs. I use the inner shields that TIP sells, so the glass will last quite a long time.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Make one. I built mine out of plywood and 2X4's. I used regular glass, but put window screen on the inside, it prevents pitting of the glass. It was designed to be taken apart in sections so it's easily stored. One thing that is necessary is to have a blower to keep the air clear, as it fogs with rust pretty quickly. Most important is to buy a dust mask, that is rated for this work.

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Ditto!

Make one. I built mine out of plywood and 2X4's. I used regular glass, but put window screen on the inside, it prevents pitting of the glass. It was designed to be taken apart in sections so it's easily stored. One thing that is necessary is to have a blower to keep the air clear, as it fogs with rust pretty quickly. Most important is to buy a dust mask, that is rated for this work.
I made mine from Plywood also. It has a 3x5x2 work space. TP tools provided the glass, valve, gloves, lights and other hardware. Built it in one weekend.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think TP used to have some plans available for a homemade cabinet. Harbor Freight also has some cheap cabinets.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Jim, I think I have seen them for sale at Harbor Freight, may not be top of the line equipment, but they usually have lower prices.

good luck, Don, aka.....the hamsman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts