Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I wanted a classic car and started looking. I found a 55 Bel Air 4dr post with no rust. The guy built built it with a 283 power pack, muncie 4 speed, and 4.11 posi, and then put it in a barn in 1974. Not bad for a dream car. So, now i have a bit of work ahead of me getting everything done. This forum has already helped me a lot, and getting it on the road soon.

·
Registered
65,811 Posts
hi Robb and welcome. good to have you here.

Reactions: robbsclassics

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Welcome. NY must be flush with cool cars. Every time I see one I like for sale, it's either in NY or NJ. ($2K shipping)

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Tri-five.com from New Zealand

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome. NY must be flush with cool cars. Every time I see one I like for sale, it's either in NY or NJ. ($2K shipping)
It's interesting, we have a lot of cars around here. We also have produced tons of parts for these cars in upstate NY. I even got to see the new Camaro rear diff test mules when it was secret because my friend worked in a machine shop making them. My grandfather was forman of the floor for Harrison Radiator in the 50s-70s. I guess it's in our blood. If only they wouldn't use so much salt...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The parts are flowing in, and the 55 is improving all the time. I think the theme I'm going after is vintage rum runner.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts