Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really into this computer stuff so I hope this flies.

First of all I live northeast of Akron, Ohio in Stow just in case some "Tri Five'rs" are in the area.

I recently bought a 56/4dr/sdn in really good condition and all stock. I have to admit I kind of wanted to go the street rod route, not show but nice driver. I am still leaning that way but with the car in great shape and pure stock I'm not sure what to do or where to begin. I want to do some updates such as alternator conversion, new paint (it needs it), front power disc's, power steering, SB 350 ci/290 hp crate which I currently have, and a transmission which I don't have. I would like to do a lot if not most of the work myself to save $$$$ and because I enjoy it.

The biggest problem is knowledge and know how and that is where you all come in. I'll need to pick your brains if I may?

Well I've rattled on too long already and I just wanted to say Hello and Thanks.

T,
Butch

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Well Butch
You have joined the right place for info. There isnothing you cnat find here and if you cant just ask we are more than happy to find it for you.
Thanks for signing in with your name :) keeps it more friendly.

1,544 Posts
Welcome Butch: I have access to all kinds of tech articles concerning the tri fives but I can't post them here (to big) but if your e-mail address is listed and I see you post a particular question I will send a PDF to your mailbox or you can e-mail me direct.
Regards Bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to TriFive Butch and hello fellow Ohioian... I live south of Youngstown,Oh. I've been a member on here for a week or so and you'll find it hard to stop reading all the info. Everything you need is right here. These guys running this are really heros to newcomers to the Tri-Five's. Kudo's.

My '55. 6 yrs and still looking forward to the day I drive it. Just painted a few weeks ago.
http://www.trifive.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1450

Gary

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina, Butch. Hop right on in and join the fun. We really enjoy sharing with others our knowledge of Trifives, and we have some really experienced members so just ask away I'm sure somebody will have the right answer for you.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome Butch! I started with my first trifive a little over 1 year ago, and I knew nothing then. If it wasn't for asking stupid questions, I wouldn't have gotten it to where it is now ... which isn't all that much farther along but I sure have had fun!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome Butch

Welcome to the forum, I know what you mean about leaning the street rod direction, I passed up quite a few really nice cars that were too good to cut into for what I was wanting to build, I finally located the perfect rust bucket for the right price and am having an absolute ball building my dream car.

Again Welcome,

Dave
Twin Blown 57:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been a member in other chevy forums and in the short time i have gotten the most precise info I have gotten anywhere.Welcome

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! Everyone around here is a big help.....especially with spending your money :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.