Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holley 750 CFM Double Pumper

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  vabeach56wagon 
#1 · (Edited)
Like new 750 CFM Holley 4150 double pumper, mechanical choke, with external jet change front bowl, used only on dyno once to compare with street HP 750 vacuum secondary. Carb has been on shelf in garage since. $275 plus shipping in original box. Two sweeten the deal, I'll throw in two AN-6 fuel feed carb fittings.

call or text: (757) 449-7463

See less See more
#3 ·
Off because it was fat in the midrange, just as good in the upper ranges. The vacuum secondaries of the HP allowed us to run bigger jets in both the primaries and secondaries. We had to lean out the double pumper to bring the afr closer to an acceptable number. That's why the front bowl is Holley's quick jet change. I felt with the TH350 and only 2600-2800 stall that its richness would take away the advantage of running a stroker, especially on the street. Probably could have brought more advance in earlier to help solve the problem but never took that step on the dyno.

I was happy with all the vacuum secondary carbs: an Avenger 670, a standard 4150 at 750 cfm, and the 759 Street HP. All three pulled better numbers in the low and midrange, but that's to be expected of a vacuum carb.

I put the double pumper back in the box and there it has sat. Time for it to move on to somebody who has a manual and wants that punch. If there's an hour of use on this carburetor, I'd be surprised.

paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.