Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i need an engine for my '56 Chevy i decided to pull the 350 GM Goodwrench crate engine out of my T-Bucket and put it in the '56. I'm rebuilding a 327 to put in the T-Bucket. Since i'm putting the complete 350 in the '56, i'll be needing a new carb for the T-Bucket. I've been looking at the Holley Street Avenger carbs (570 cfm or 670 cfm).

So for you guys that are running the Avenger carbs, how do you like them and how much tuning did you have to do, or do they run fairly good out of the box?

The engine will be .30 over, .194 valves, roller rockers, gear drive, HEI, a Comp Cams 268 cam, and a Edelbrock Performer intake. Tranny is a Powerglide with a shift kit. I'm not sure yet what the compression ration will be.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Larry

Bolted mine on, hooked up the electric choke, dialed it in and haven't touched it since. It runs great, I love it!! 350 CI 330 HP went with the 670cfm

Don

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
pick a carb

I think I'd pick the 570 for a 327. Back in the day when we ran carbs for racing we alternated between 750 D.P for big tracks to 650 D.P. for smaller tracks , all on the same intake. We changed to smaller carb as the driver thought the smaller on pulled harder at lower speeds.:anim_25:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Go with the electric choke 670cfm, you won't regret it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts