Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting off a root canal for 8 years. I have a phobia of dentists. Mainly the sound of the tools! I struggled all weekend with the worst pain I've ever encountered. The entire side of my face to the top of my head and down my neck was aching. It was so bad this morning, I hopped in the 56(in the rain) and went to my dentist. The tooth could not be saved so he pulled it. It was instant relief. Right now I feel like I'm drunk from the pain pills he prescribed me. I was in there for 15 minutes and I feel like a HUGE burden is gone. :party0031:

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
8 years ! :eek:
I could not have put up with it for 8 days
and yes I too have a phobia for dentists and there evil tools.
Bet you feel really great tomorrow though :tu

·
Administrator
65,808 Posts
Dentists have a phobia for inflicting pain :eek: I finally found a good dentist got my kids to approve him first :sign0020:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Glad it all went better than expected for you:D

I had a bad experience with a dentist during my high school days, took me a long time to get the nerve up to go again. It makes a world of difference when you find a good one that cares about your discomforts.

·
Registered
67,447 Posts
feel your pain. had one pulled early this year and a root canal on another tooth 2 weeks latter. :eek:

·
Registered
166 Posts
When the pain gets bad enough we will do anything to get rid of it! Me and my dad had a hunting buddy set down at our kitchen table a deer camp and pull a jaw tooth with a pair of robo grip pliars! :eek: :eek: :eek: All I can say is those old timers are some tuff old farts!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Come On And Man-Up

I just think about the eight hundred bucks, I just dropped at the dentist in June. That would have bought my floors. :eek:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I went a few years back and midway into a cleaning, the hygenist excused herself and returned with the dentist to inform me the session was over. He pulled the bib off of me, gave me a referral for another dentist 100 miles away, and sent me on my way. I always wondered why he did that with no explanation. Yesterday, i went to a new dentist in town, i have a cavity, so i sat down, telling the girl what had happened during my last visit. She took an x-ray, went to get the dentist and returned with her. The dentist looks over the x-ray telling me the cavity had gone down to the root and i'd need a root canal and crown, BUT the tooth is too crooked to hold a crown so she said she advises an extraction. I say O.K., she then asks me what my liver enzyme readings were and if i was a bleeder. Now it hits me...I have hepatitis C and this gal aint touching me. I told her i bled like any other 54 year old with thin skin. She hands me a referral to the same guy 100 miles away where the last dentist referred me to even though they do root canals and extractions in-house. Hepaphobia has set in here in upstate SC and i'll be considering the old fashioned way when the pain gets to be unbearable.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
A friend of mine caught his wife having an affair with the Dentist... He got suspicious when she told him she was going to get the top two pulled and the bottom one filled:eek: Later, Dave

·
Registered
839 Posts
A friend of mine caught his wife having an affair with the Dentist... He got suspicious when she told him she was going to get the top two pulled and the bottom one filled:eek: Later, Dave
Dave you are soo BAD!:happy0011:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I've been putting off a root canal for 8 years. I have a phobia of dentists. Mainly the sound of the tools! I struggled all weekend with the worst pain I've ever encountered. The entire side of my face to the top of my head and down my neck was aching. It was so bad this morning, I hopped in the 56(in the rain) and went to my dentist. The tooth could not be saved so he pulled it. It was instant relief. Right now I feel like I'm drunk from the pain pills he prescribed me. I was in there for 15 minutes and I feel like a HUGE burden is gone. :party0031:
A guy who went to school with one of sisters died from an absessed tooth. The infection went to his brain and killed him.

:eek:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Went to the dentist to get a crown put on a tooth. After it was done he says "keith, You wont have any problems with this tooth for 50 years". thought to myself, that is great. 2 yrs later it had to have a root canal done to it. I now have 1 tooth in my head that is worth about $4K.

Talked to the dentist about it and asked what happened, He says "well, all dentin is different and it's something that just happens from time to time" just so happens that I never went back to him. He had also mentioned that the few fillings I have all needed to be replaced, that was about 4-5 yrs ago.

Decided to get a second opinion, this doctor says that they are all fine and holding well. they still havent gave me any problems.

They can install a metal stud into the jaw now, and glue on a replacement tooth if wanted or needed. My Brother just had this done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts