Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
My Mark V 454 is going to be a beast. Full roller motor with all the good stuff. Forged 10.75 to 1 compression. CNC ported square port aluminum heads from Edelbrock. etc. etc. the list goes on and on. Don't need to boor you with all that. I am painting the motor this morning. That too should be a surprise to many. Yes, I am painting my aluminum heads and intake manifold. It has always surprised me that folks leave their aftermarket heads raw. I would feal like I was trying to draw attention to them in a sort of "Hey looky at what I bought" kind of way. It seems more conservative to let folks find them upon examination. Sort of a hot rod Easter egg hunt.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Looking good! What are the cam specs in that motor?

Comp Cams Hydraulic roller 11-451-8

547 /547 lift
112 degree lobe separation
duration 230 int 236 ex @.500" lift

Looks great and nice work. Go ahead and boor us engine builders with those engine specs.
.030" over forged pistons (Milodon)
H beam forged steel rods (Scat)
Steel shot peaned crank (Scat)
Dynamic balancing to .05Gram (Precision Engineering)
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads with 119cc chambers,. CNC port matched to Edelbrock performer RPM air gap dual plane intake
MSD 6AL ignition using a pro billet distributor
Milodon 7 Quart oil pan.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
can't use our spray booth as we have a truck parked in it, so I built a temporary booth out of an EZ up.

20200925_082544.jpg

So that is just primer/sealer .

Here is the paint, A custom color I call "Electric Tangerine" it is amazing with gold pearl in it. In the sun it is spectacular, just does not come out in photos

Setting up and bolting up the Tremec with a centerforce clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
The engine looks great, hope to see it in person at the Nats. What is the plate's function between the engine and transmission?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The engine looks great, hope to see it in person at the Nats. What is the plate's function between the engine and transmission?
it is part of the "Scatter shield" It basically encapsulates the flywheel and clutch in a heavy steel cell. If you have never experienced a pressure plate or flywheel come apart at RPM my meager descriptions could do it no justice. Leave it to say it is on every V8 with a manual transmission I will ever build from that terrifying day on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Heck of a weekend. Engine is painted, married to the transmission, installed in the cahssis, exhaust mounted and installed and I even had time to build the plumbing for the fuel line. I'm bushed. Heading home to take a long nap.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts