Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
You sure you want that fuel line going right over the collector area? I think that's gonna get mighty hot.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
You have wasted no time with your progress. Looks fantastic. You should be proud.
Thank you. will finish up the front of the motor today (water pump, timing cover, and serpentine so I can figure out the AC lines and get busy on converting all the rubber hoses to AN including welding on a -20 bung onto the new aluminum water pump)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Started the arduous and harrowing process of getting the biggest damn radiator I can find into the car. The Be cool crossflow meets the specs, yet the fan kit and even the inlet/outlet locations are FUBAR. Here let me just post some pictures

Here you can see how the upper inlet is against the compressor pulley. No problem I was going to cut it off and weld on a -20 AN fitting so I will just move it to the side.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Wow, That’s tight!
Do you think it would have been better to get the radiator mocked in place and then choose a drive system?
Doesn’t having the A/C compressor on the driver side mean you will need to run the lines across the top of the engine?
I’m trying to learn because I want to put a big block in a trifive.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Wow, That’s tight!
Do you think it would have been better to get the radiator mocked in place and then choose a drive system?
Doesn’t having the A/C compressor on the driver side mean you will need to run the lines across the top of the engine?
I’m trying to learn because I want to put a big block in a trifive.
I owned the serpentine before I started the build.

Yes the AC lines will be routed back across the car, Not over the motor. Integrated inside the core support.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Today I stripped and prepped then painted all the pieces that are painted in the interior. Geesh there is a ton of painted parts to go along with all the polished stainless steel (That I have just barely started working on) Not to mention the hundred or so pieces of chrome and the hardware that holds it all together. I can not imagine how many man hours went into building these cars 65 years ago on the assembly lines but they sure were tedious. Looks like I need to order a few pounds of polished stainless, button head fasteners to handle final assembly.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts