Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, my wife and I drove some 350 miles to the Lonestar Tri Five gathering in San Angelo Tx . Real nice trip except for 40 miles of rain on a narrow 2 lane "highway" and a turkey that somehow I missed running over. We got to the hotel and I started to clean up the car. When I got to the front end I heard hissing from under the hood. The hissing was the AC high pressure hose venting all the freon. I told my wife that my motor repairs held up and we averaged 17 mpg, But needless to say my wife was not thrilled at the news of a long hot ride home with no AC. Oh sell, the Cd player works. LOL

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,800 Posts
I sure sympathize with you. It's that sinking feeling again, as just when you thought that nothing else could go wrong, along she comes and throws another spanner in the works.

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
road-kill, yummy. :eating:

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
Maybe you can find a local attendee that has a/c equipment and can help you fix it if it's a bad hose. You have to fix it sometime, might as well be sooner than later.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That sux

Today, my wife and I drove some 350 miles to the Lonestar Tri Five gathering in San Angelo Tx . Real nice trip except for 40 miles of rain on a narrow 2 lane "highway" and a turkey that somehow I missed running over. We got to the hotel and I started to clean up the car. When I got to the front end I heard hissing from under the hood. The hissing was the AC high pressure hose venting all the freon. I told my wife that my motor repairs held up and we averaged 17 mpg, But needless to say my wife was not thrilled at the news of a long hot ride home with no AC. Oh sell, the Cd player works. LOL
Ive experienced that Texas heat. AC is a necessity. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'm in IL. so big difference, but this summer is my first experience with my (no air) Nomad. I generally don't use air on my other cars unless it gets very hot and sticky. Could only imagine what Texas in the summer is like. Hang in there!!!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
If the high pressure relief (safety) popped off. It could mean you are not getting enough air thru the condenser. It would have to be over 325 psi to relief. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts