Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Has anyone tried these alunimum hood hinghes with the gas cylinders? Thinking about it but was wondering how they worked with our hoods, such as opening and closing. thanks, Keith

·
Registered
66,287 Posts
:hello: hi keith and welcome. good to have you here. try the search option above, has been talked about. sponsor here sells them also. :anim_25:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
:sign0016: to Trifive.com Keith. As mentioned try the search option. There has been a lot of discussions on those hinges. Myself I am still running the stock hinges also.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the Ring Bros hinges and they rock. Was a little tricky getting the adjustment right and not dingin' the fender paint but they are a very solid , well built piece. They are almost 700.00 bucks but boy oh boy they sure are cool and by the way I have a 56 but they have 'em for a 57 too.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Hi all,
Has anyone tried these alunimum hood hinghes with the gas cylinders? Thinking about it but was wondering how they worked with our hoods, such as opening and closing. thanks, Keith
Hi Keith, there is two major makers of these hinges..FESLER and EDDIE'S MOTORSPORT..almost identical products but the eddie's motorsport are about $100.00 cheaper:)

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Hello and welcome. When I think of those gas shocks, I think of the cars I have had over they years that had a prop rod, because those shocks failed.

I wouldn't want the hood slamming down because they failed, possibly with you under it.

·
Registered
36,118 Posts
Go read Carl Fesler's reply to a complaint in the vendor section at chevytalk.com.

I wouldn't buy a lug nut from that guy after reading what he said.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hood hinghes

i bought a set of ringbrothers! there sweet, i still have to learn to post picture! if you go to youtube go under procharger57 and youll see them on the video, its a blue 57!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Go read Carl Fesler's reply to a complaint in the vendor section at chevytalk.com.

I wouldn't buy a lug nut from that guy after reading what he said.
Sorry for digging this up but I read that article you speak of and I have to disagree with you. Carl Fesler went out of his way to help that guy and spent a lot of money creating parts for a guy who has no appreciation for what it costs to under take that kind of thing. The crew at Fesler spent weeks waiting on that guy and in the long run, it was because the guy couldn't use a ruler properly that caused the whole issue in the first place. Fesler was trying to create a part for the tri-five community and got stuck working with a guy impossible to please. If you agree with the guy, you've never had to work with the public.

Fesler stood up for his business, his family, and his customer service. That is the reason the only hinges I'll buy are his. Let me also point out that I don't work for or know anyone at Fesler. I know all to well how people can get when things don't go the way they think they should. I'm not saying Fesler couldn't have done some things different....but in the end, he would have come out looking like the bad guy to that dude regardless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts