Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am guessing here, but is the hood longer on the 56 vs the 55? In the assembly manual I have for the 56 it shows a dimension in Section 11 sheet 17.00 that is titled "To front edge of locking plate". It shows 45.30 inches. I need someone that has an assembly manual for the 55 to go to Section 11, sheet 24.00 and give me that dimension. The manual page on the internet is too small and I cannot read it.

If I enlarge it, it distorts too much to read. If anyone has a 55 hood they could run a tape on down the center line from the cowl, around the bend, down the face and to the tip of the chrome hood bar, I would appreciate it. Use a cloth sewing tape so you don't scratch up anything....Just kidding.

Thanks for any help or numbers...:)

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I found it here, and a few other places on the net but I am going to have to get someone with a hard copy that can read it due to the distortion when I try to enlarge it. Thanks anyway Terry

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Glenn, that is the measurement I was looking for...If anyone else could still run a tape along their hood to get the actual hood measurement?? I knew I should have kept that 55...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks Glenn, that is the measurement I was looking for...If anyone else could still run a tape along their hood to get the actual hood measurement?? I knew I should have kept that 55...
52 3/8- right next to the center ridge( so I missed the hood bird) and I didn't follow the contour because the emblem is in the way. I made the bend and went straight to the tip of the hood bar. Jesse

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I am guessing here, but is the hood longer on the 56 vs the 55? In the assembly manual I have for the 56 it shows a dimension in Section 11 sheet 17.00 that is titled "To front edge of locking plate". It shows 45.30 inches. I need someone that has an assembly manual for the 55 to go to Section 11, sheet 24.00 and give me that dimension. The manual page on the internet is too small and I cannot read it.

If I enlarge it, it distorts too much to read. If anyone has a 55 hood they could run a tape on down the center line from the cowl, around the bend, down the face and to the tip of the chrome hood bar, I would appreciate it. Use a cloth sewing tape so you don't scratch up anything....Just kidding.

Thanks for any help or numbers...:)

Well , now it looks like the question has been answered. Now the only thing missing is the point. What is the point, purpose, or use, for the requested information?

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The point...

I am working with someone on hood hinges and how the 56 is different from the 55. The 56 is longer by 5+ inches, meaning more hood out in front of the hinge. This means more weight. That is the short story. Trying to figure out why a hinge for a 55 is not sufficient for the 56 and so on...However, GM did it all with the same hinge I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The point...

I am working with someone on hood hinges and how the 56 is different from the 55. The 56 is longer by 5+ inches, meaning more hood out in front of the hinge. This means more weight. That is the short story. Trying to figure out why a hinge for a 55 is not sufficient for the 56 and so on...However, GM did it all with the same hinge I believe.

Thanks for the measurement, I appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.