Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,876 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
A friend has 2 singles and a split manifold on the 235 in his '57 150 2-door Sedan.

A couple years ago I saw a guy doing a blower on his inline 6 cylinder. The blower wasn't functional yet, but it was there.

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
have 56 stock 235 has anyone hop up there 6 banger[/QUOTE

There isn't alot of aftermarket hop up items out there for them but the first thing you can do is mill the head. they were a very low compression engine. Then add a split manifold and a webber holley two barrel. Makes for a pretty good running old stovebolt. If you really want to fake em out. Look for a GMC 261 engine. They are built on the same casting and look the same but have the added displacement.
Gary

·
Registered
933 Posts
I played around a bit with the 235 in my '56. I added a Langdon's Holley/Weber carb and a Fenton header with dual glass packs. I also bought Langdon's HEI but the engine developed some issues before i got around to installing it. It ran fairly decent and sure sounded sweet with those dual glass packs.

I kicked around weather to rebuild the 235 or just replace it with th almost new 350 Goodwrench engine i having sitting in the corner of the garage. I'm building it to be a long distance hauler so i decided the 350 would be my best bet.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts