Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post ,My name is Steve,,,,Let's see,,,,I am going to South Carolina next week to pick up my first Chevy to restore.It's a 1957 Bel Air 2 door post that I found on line,I bought this car looking only at photos so besides the work that is easy to see I am sure there is much more needed that will be seen when I get my claws on it.I have restored a few mustangs and some other Fords but I have never owned a vintage Chevrolet,,and never a car from the 50's so this will be a new adventure for me.I bought the 57 because I have wanted one since I was a teen.( that was a long time ago !) anyway this car is going to need floor work, engine, trans ,and most every thing else,I just bought a set of stock seats from ebay for the car ,WOW have times changed !!! In the 60's me and my buds would have the bench seat out of a car like this ,to install buckets faster then you could say scat! I am paying for that now! The bench seat for a 57 is NOT CHEAP ! If only my time machine would work !!,,,I have a lot to learn about restoring this car ,,,and will be asking lots of questions,,,lots and lots,,I will post a photo or two when I get the car,,,,'Bye for now.... Steve

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Welcome to the site and the fabulous world of TriFive restoration. It's a whole new world and a great adventure for all involved. A lot of sweat, tears, hard work and sense of pride and accomplishment.
Keep us posted and feel free to tap all the resources available, & put in your nickle's worth too.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Yep, I bought running and driving tri-fives back in the 60's for the amount we now pay for seats. That hind-sight thing really is 20/20. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'm working on the time-machine thingy -- I'll let you know when I get it ready!

Welcome to the site. I'd bet you're pretty excited about seeing your knew project for the first time.

·
Administrator
49,379 Posts
Welcome to the site Steve, and good luck on the 57. Looking forward to seeing photos of the car. Mike i gave less for my 57 than the seats are bringing now.
Terry

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Steve Welcome to the Trifive family its good to hear about your find look forward to your questions and up dates Sal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.