Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I am an interloper here, thanks for tolerating me.

I am an antiquarian bookseller who handles a lot of unusual material on cars.

I recently acquired a very cool restoration ledger/journal kept by three different owners of the same 1956 Chevrolet 210. It's VIN is stated as: 0488077F56G

It opens with the car's discovery in a barn in rural Missouri in 1988 and ends in 2012, tracking everything done to it (and noting expenses to the penny).

I've tracked the car to a 2014 online listing from Florida (though that dealer appears to be unavailable to help):

Does anyone recognize this car or know of the current owner? I'd love to show him/her the journal and (full disclosure) hopefully sell it at a modest price. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It's the only specific identifying information I have on the car (and was stated as the "VIN" on an included insurance card from the 1990's). It's also listed in the online ad from 2014 (which is how I found that ad). My apologies if that isn't the proper term for the number, but it's at least something to work from.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,959 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It's the only specific identifying information I have on the car (and was stated as the "VIN" on an included insurance card from the 1990's). It's also listed in the online ad from 2014 (which is how I found that ad). My apologies if that isn't the proper term for the number, but it's at least something to work from.
Most states changed from the engine number to the VIN number on the title in 1956 but some states still used the engine number instead of the VIN number on the title, in 1956. Almost all states used the engine # to title a vehicle in 1955 and earlier.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Most states changed from the engine number to the VIN number on the title in 1956 but some states still used the engine number instead of the VIN number on the title, in 1956. Almost all states used the engine # to title a vehicle in 1955 and earlier.

Absolutely correct but as stated some state(s) may have changed a little later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts