Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 57 bel air that i just recently bought had a loose and broken horn ring. Removed the cap and snugged the 3 screws and then the horn was working not working prior to tightening the 3screws just clicking. Got a new horn ring and installed it . Now we are back to just clicking and with the new ring if i snug the 3 screws i lose the play in the ring if i leave the screws loose i get play but just clicking can anyone help? Thanks John

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 57 bel air that i just recently bought had a loose and broken horn ring. Removed the cap and snugged the 3 screws and then the horn was working not working prior to tightening the 3screws just clicking. Got a new horn ring and installed it . Now we are back to just clicking and with the new ring if i snug the 3 screws i lose the play in the ring if i leave the screws loose i get play but just clicking can anyone help? Thanks John
my 57 bel air recent purchase had a loose and broken horn ring, after tightening 3 screws horn worked. Then replaced with new horn ring and back to just clicking.also the new horn ring is rigid if the screws are tightend if kept loose the ring floats as it should. Any ideas thanks john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts