Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going and is there going to be a catch up and a few drinks from tri five?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I will be there from Wednesday morning until Saturday morning. I have to leave early to go to Vegas for a college friends daughters 21st B-day.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
HAN

HEY 55,, I,LL BE THERE . PROBABLY EVERYDAY. MY DAUGHTER LIVES ABOUT 40 MIN,S AWAY, MAKES IT EASY. PM ME & I.LL GIVE YOU MY CELL # LOTS OF TRIFIVERS WILL BE THERE,,,DICK:shakehands:

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
A word of warning Mickey. It is a very worthwhile get together but Reno is around 4400 feet in elevation. it will also be in the three digit range for heat. I have asthma and I have fits up there and the heat doesn't help either.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I will be there from Saturday thru Monday. Staying at the Ramada Inn. I will be walking and looking. Have a birthday party Saturday evening. Some socialzing, but will be walking the street. Have not been there in several years. A lot of beautiful cars.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
HAN

I'll be there as my son and family live on the SW side. Be there from the 1st to the 11th. We'll be in his 57 210, yellow w/orange scallops. Getting our B-J tickets now. Jay

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
I'll be back this year once again, Tuesday through Saturday mid-day. Staying at Peppermill this year. No plans to go to the SWAP meet, last year Mel56 and I set up a drive to Virginia City on Thursday rather than do the poker run maybe this year a trip to Tahoe instead????

I have contacted HAN a few times to ask about setting up a bowtie-trifive "official" get together area, but they just can't seem to return the calls or emails.

I think Ron was thinking about having another luncheon at his place for the bowtie-trifive crew, it was a blast last year meeting a bunch of new folks and seeing the old ones. We followed it up with a get together at A&W for rootbeer floats afterwards, made are own car show there:tu So figure Friday afternoon around 3 at A&W for all bowtie-trifive guys to get together.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
A word of warning Mickey. It is a very worthwhile get together but Reno is around 4400 feet in elevation. it will also be in the three digit range for heat. I have asthma and I have fits up there and the heat doesn't help either.
My wife has some real issues with this a few years back, the heat was no big deal but the thinner air and heavily smoke filled buildings almost killed her:rolleyes: She has not returned since:tu

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm doing a day trip to Lake Tahoe on the first Saturday and then back to Reno Wednesday to Saturday. No plans made after that. Would love to meet some trifivers there. Already made plans to meet a couple of members there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be back this year once again, Tuesday through Saturday mid-day. Staying at Peppermill this year. No plans to go to the SWAP meet, last year Mel56 and I set up a drive to Virginia City on Thursday rather than do the poker run maybe this year a trip to Tahoe instead????

I have contacted HAN a few times to ask about setting up a bowtie-trifive "official" get together area, but they just can't seem to return the calls or emails.

I think Ron was thinking about having another luncheon at his place for the bowtie-trifive crew, it was a blast last year meeting a bunch of new folks and seeing the old ones. We followed it up with a get together at A&W for rootbeer floats afterwards, made are own car show there:tu So figure Friday afternoon around 3 at A&W for all bowtie-trifive guys to get together.
So your all going to meet at 3 pm Friday for a get together, sorry where is a&w?

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Here is a little something from last years bowtie-trifive get together at Ron's place:shakehands: Maybe this year we can get more folks there:tu

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Great Pic Randy!!!

It is great to see Ron in the pic taking a picture of the person taking the picture...that was Ron for ya :sign0020: he was always good for a laugh... He will be very missed this year....:(

Anyway, i was trying to think of a cool place and time that all the bowtie-trifive members could meet up at, and that is big enough for all of us.

Some kind of parking lot or a park???

Any ideas? we all know that H.A.N.'s is going to be very busy, not to mention Barret Jacksons is going to be there this year, so it is most likely going to be a little more crazier than usual....

Rick

·
Registered
552 Posts
The only thing that I am debating is if I am going to the swap meet. I don't care about the swap meet per se, as it is now more of a craft fair, but I did always like to wander through the back lot where they have all the cars for sale.....and a few of the salvage yards that had reps there to promote the cars and parts that they had sale.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Great Pic Randy!!!

It is great to see Ron in the pic taking a picture of the person taking the picture...that was Ron for ya :sign0020: he was always good for a laugh... He will be very missed this year....:(

Anyway, i was trying to think of a cool place and time that all the bowtie-trifive members could meet up at, and that is big enough for all of us.

Some kind of parking lot or a park???

Any ideas? we all know that H.A.N.'s is going to be very busy, not to mention Barret Jacksons is going to be there this year, so it is most likely going to be a little more crazier than usual....

Rick
Rick on your next visit to Reno stop by the A&W and ask the owner if we can use the lawn on Friday, 3 to 5. Or a little earlier if the Mopars will be there at 5 again.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Rick on your next visit to Reno stop by the A&W and ask the owner if we can use the lawn on Friday, 3 to 5. Or a little earlier if the Mopars will be there at 5 again.

Good Idea Randy....:tu

I know i will be back in Reno on Monday for a couple of days finishing up the tranny install in Mean & Green.

I will go there for lunch, enjoy and nice cold Root Beer float and see if i cant get some were with the owner or manager......

Wayne (wayne557) would like that if we could all meet up there, he could suck down his SECOND Root Beer Float :flag6:

Rick

1 - 20 of 93 Posts