52,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windshield needs a little work though, IMHO

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
🐔County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
9,302 Posts
The paint looks exactly like some "primer sealer" I put on to cover the gray primer and I love it's looks.
Anyone know what paint would give that satin look? The primer sealer doesn't hold up well.

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,642 Posts

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
The paint looks exactly like some "primer sealer" I put on to cover the gray primer and I love it's looks.
Anyone know what paint would give that satin look? The primer sealer doesn't hold up well.
Looks a lot better than what I used on my '68 FJ40.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Vanta Black won't do. It doesn't have any sheen to it like the VW does. I'd like satin, not super duper flat.
Your friendly local paint shop can add 'flattening agent' to any color you like, and as much or as little as you like to get the perfect degree of satin finish you're looking for.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,038 Posts
The satin black I use is the Underhood Black from Tamco. I will see what Tammy offers when she starts shipping stuff. Make sure you mix it for a long time!!

Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Carbon Tints and shades

Reactions: 55 Tony

·
Premium Member
14,062 Posts
I never got into VW's, but the lug pattern of those wheels sure don't look stock. The usual angle of the rear wheel isn't appearing there either. I wonder how many suspension/drivetrain mods are in that beauty?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts