Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a friend ask me to spray his 64 olds 88 this weekend . we used the TCP Global hotrod flatz paint . It was the first true satin paint job I have done and I must say the stuff was a pleasure to work with . sprays nice and levels out great . I was worried as to how this car would look after and he did not want to do any body work . he feathered everything out with 180 on a DA, I did a quick 320 wet block job. We sealed it with dtm epoxy sealer then sprayed the top in a carnival red pearl and the rest with classic white. it looks wavey and uneven when it was wet, but after it dries and flattened out it looked really cool. I would highly reccomend the TCP Global hot rod flatz . great price and a great look .:):bowtier::cool::wavey::tu:burnout:

Attachments

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Cool Olds:tu Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Nice!

That Olds looks sweet:tu. Thanks for the info on the Hotrod Flatz paint. My next car is either gonna be black or silver in that product. I just really like the look it has. JIM.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,812 Posts
HRD.....Dumb question time.....Do you ever polish the car, after paing it with the satin paint?

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think so . never tried it . I was told not to try to blend it either .:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts