Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone planning on attending Power Tour 2011? Would like to see what our turn out may be..I am planning leave (uncle sam,hopefully not scheduled to deployed) and wanna go! Would love to meet up with some tri-five.com'ers! :bowtieb:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up on the hot rod site that they may announce some details on Monday! so sayeth some of the users...I hope that is true, would like to plan as early as possible! Glad to hear there is already a taker! If all goes to plan I hope to see a fellow 56'er there!!! :bowtieb:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Would love too, just need to see the route and dates....

Waiting......

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The Power Tour began in Southern California in 1996 and for the first six years the tour either started or finished in California.

Starting in 2002 things changed and it appears that the Power Tour has left its California roots behind. 2011 will be the tenth anniversary of the tour not even coming close to Calif. Now the tour usually takes a route between the upper mid-west and the south.

I would sure like to see a repeat of the original 1996 tour from Los Angeles to Connecticut, or the 2000 route from California to Florida.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey you stationioned at Little Rock AFB!? I am, have you seen my 57 tearing up the streets anywhere? Been to several local car shows and cruises. I'm going on the 2011 HRPT without a doubt. We should deff meet up sometime. Nice 56 btw!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes indeed to both! Im deployed at current, should be back end of November..All goes to plan there are a few of us that wanna hit HRPT so we should hook up! I'll drop a line when I get back! :bowtieb:

·
Registered
37,965 Posts
In recent years, the power tour's route changes from year to year, so that most areas of the country are covered every 4-5 years. So if it's too far away this year, hopefully it should be coming toward you in the next 1-2 years.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
In recent years, the power tour's route changes from year to year, so that most areas of the country are covered every 4-5 years. So if it's too far away this year, hopefully it should be coming toward you in the next 1-2 years.
I think I'm gonna start planning. Seems it's been almost 10 years since the last time the tour was out West. They seem to be staying close to the Mississippi Rr for last 4 or 5 years. I might pick it up in Nashville and run up to Detroit and then run on to Mackinac Island.. :auto11:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm going to try to do the longhaul but not for sure. My backup plan is to start in Florida and stop at Nashville.

I did 3 cities this year and it was great.

·
Registered
37,965 Posts
I thought that at least every 3-5 years they hit the middle of the country. For some guys that might mean Louisiana/Mississippi/Tennesse/Kentucky/Indiana, or for others it might mean Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas/Iowa/Minnesota, or some points in between like Arkansas/Missouri/Illinois/Wisconsin. I guess they are never going to please all, or in some cases even try.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Would love to run some of the tour this year since it ends up in my part of the country. Just have to get the thing finished up this winter!!!! :idea:

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Long Haul Plans

Hey guys - any one from the Midwest planning to do the long haul..? Wife and I are putting together plans to make it happen in 2011. I have been on parts of several power tours, but never the long haul. Since it ends in Mich, this is gonna be the year..!! A nice drive to Florida in the spring sounds good to me..!!

Would be very cool to have a group of Trifivers to cruise with..!! Let me know if you're thinking about going..!!

Dwight K

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm going! Already registered and got a few rooms booked! I'm in Arkansas so it would be hard to meet up with ya on the way down but we deff could rally up in FL and cruise on up!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I did the long haul last year and had a blast, almost 3000 miles {2940 miles round trip} got to meet a few TRI-FIVE members and can't wait to do it again. This year I'm only going from Fla. to Tenn. but still going to love it. There's nothing like getting up in the morning cruising a couple hundred miles in the 55' and then spending the rest of the day looking at cars and talking to a bunch of motor heads!!!!! LETS RIDE!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK so who all is going for sure??? Look for my 57 I'll be leaving Arkansas on the 2nd to head down to the Fl start. Gotta few more wrenches to turn and I'll be ready to go! Can't wait!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts