Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just finishing up on a partial build of a 57 Chevy from Houston Texas belonging to Dave Gunkel. Dave initially sent us the car to do a firewall install, minitub, and a few other misc tasks, but as projects usually do, the list grew in a hurry. In the end, we've got it to the point of being a fully functional car, minus paint, bodywork, and interior. This bad boy is packing a 447ci Nelson small block with a Dart block, AFR 18dg heads, a big roller cam, T56 5 speed, 9" rear, Chromoly cage, 3" stainless exhaust with electric cutouts, 345 MT drag radials, and much more. Dave will be hitting the streets of Houston in the near future, looking for some stoplight showdowns. So look out Texas.

Here is how it came.

In process

Viper GTS blue

·
Registered
557 Posts
Very nice! You make it look easy my friend! Quality work!

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
I like it as I`m building one similar.What brakes are on it.The master looks like it could be electric but I cant see the third brake line.Very nice as always Joe.

·
Premium Member
13,579 Posts
Looks like the motor is sitting back quite a ways. Might be the pictures perspective, might be the depth of the firewall. If you did it purposefully, I'd call that thinking ahead cuz the accessories look pretty thick on the front. Good job.

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
beautiful build, thanks for sharing. :tu

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Great work Joe!

What kind of textured paint/undercoat did you use on the inner fender panels?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. To answer a few questions, the brakes are ABS electric power brakes. We hid the pump on a custom made closeout panel behind the driver inner fender at the bottom, next to the frame.
Our recessed firewall allows the engine to set back a little for more room up front.
The textured paint is Raptor brand bed liner. I use it a lot on driver cars as it holds up well and cleans up easily.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Wow Joe! awesome machine...function plus looks! :congrats: The Viper blue MSD box is so over the top :) great work throughout, what was the time frame from the first pic to the last? and yeah...how much there is power in that mighty mouse?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Joe, another wonderful job.
How about posting more pictures of the mini tub job.
It really came out nice!
Thanks
Jarhead
I didn't take a lot of photos of the minitub job. Since we were bed lining it and the owner plans to upholster the trunk, we didn't work it out real slick.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Wow cool car!!!!

I know you meant 6 speed T56. Is the hydraulic clutch set up a kit or did you do it all custom?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts