Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
22x9 and 20x7 Coy Wheels with 265 30 22 and 235 35 20 tires fit real good under a 57 both my cars are fitted with these wheels. I actualy have 1 set of brand new black chrome coy wheels and tires for sale. IMG_0087.jpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
pics pics? im going to be running 20 or 22 inches. im super interested in seeing these on cars. ill have to run a higher offset than usual however due to the corvette suspension dimensions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
standard tubs and standard spring location on outside of rail, you dont even need to trim or fold the fender lip, they OLNY just get under there but all you need. You have an email on the way.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hi all,

Just waiting on my 57 Nomad to arrive in Australia....pretty exited I must say. I was wondering if anyone can advise me of what size wheels and tyres can I fit under my wagon....mainly on the back....off set etc...Any help will be appreciated.

http://www.trifive.com/forums/images/smilies/blowtiedb.jpg
for me, the big wheels look out of place on a trifive, but do what you wish as it's your car. I tried the big wheel look on advise from my son-in laws...didn't like them and went with 15" American torq thrust and Firestones....look more more period for my taste...:anim_25:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeh, each to their own, Im not to sure what Im going to go with yet....just keeping my options open

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you say standard tubs & standard spring location are basically saying these are a straight bolt on to a stock tri five setup. They really good on your ride and was thinking about a bigger wheel on my 1956 but I do not want to change anything.

Thanks Gary

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I saw a mid 80s Cutlass with 26 inch wheels the other day so I suppose it all depends on how silly you want to look.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Howdy Guys,
I purchased a set of Boyds.....18x7 fronts and 20x9 for the rear. Tyres for the front are 225/40/18 and the rears are 255/35/20....Fits perfectly, lowered the front by 1 1/2 and the rear 1 1/2 as well...Looks amazing. Will [ost some pics soon, just adding a few little touches to her.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Howdy Guys,
I purchased a set of Boyds.....18x7 fronts and 20x9 for the rear. Tyres for the front are 225/40/18 and the rears are 255/35/20....Fits perfectly, lowered the front by 1 1/2 and the rear 1 1/2 as well...Looks amazing. Will [ost some pics soon, just adding a few little touches to her.
I have the same size on the rear of my car and 235/40/18's on the front. Watch out for the old school big wheel/tire haters to jump all over you when you post your photos. :sign0020:

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111961

1 - 19 of 19 Posts