Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i would like some knowledge on what size tires and wheels i can run, what will a stock 57 belair hardtop rear accept in wheel offset and total width tires ? i know someone musta tryed some combos i am thinking 4" backspacing on 10" rims with P325/50/R15. anybody know if these will fit "without cutting" under the car please help? i will be back at 11:00 going to take the family to the ERIE County Fair See ya later

·
Registered
688 Posts
The biggest I could get on mine is 275x15x60 and have 3/4" on each side with a 4 1/2"x8"x15" rim, thats with no frame or tub mods

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I have a '56 210. I just put a kit in it to move the rear springs inboard. The original spring perchs were 4 1/2" from the backing plate and I moved the new perchs in an additional 3 1/2" from the backing plates. After doing the springs you need to move the inside of the wheelwells in to the edge of the frame for clearance.
Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Big Tires

Thanks for the help saved me some trouble i would a had still i like to hear more about the inboard spring kit idea.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am using 245/60X15 on 15X8 stock Corvette aluminum wheels. That gives me 3/4" clearance to fender lip, with rear disc brakes on a stock rear-end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts