Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I know that there is rule of thumb for things. So how do you measure for Headliner material, comes in 60 inches wide so is it two or three yards or more? Same with carpets............
I have a friend that does work but he told be to by the materials and all then come see him and he will handle it. I do not want to be short on anything and then have to go back to the warehouse and buy more. Shops that I have asked are kinda smiling yet not telling me much, I know that they are trying to get the moneies and that is fine but at 900.oo for lacing and liner that seemed high. 500 to carpet was a bit high as well. I am on a shoelace doing this car, not a seller, just plain my car and I plan to drive her......... Not a show car only deal.
Thanks
Pig is me :wavey:

68,758 Posts
probably get the complete carpet and headliner (from sposors and others) for about $300. another option. :)

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Pig 60" wide material isn`t wide enough for the headliner so the strips will need to be cut running up into the material. Plus you will need material for the windlace,sunvisors, and the B & C pillars. Seems like i used 6yds of material for my headliner and accessories.
Can`t say on the carpet without doing some measuring since i ordered a 1pc molded set for my 57.
Unless you just want a custom headliner you can buy a premade one a lot cheaper than you can buy the material and have one custom made.
Terry

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carl and Terry,
You guys are great. Thanks for the information.......... Now dive ito this part of the project.......
Thanks again
Pig is Me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts