Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been a member here for a while but I don't spend as much time here as I do on a competitors site. The reason being I don't understand how it works. I click on new posts and then read through the ones I want to read, but when I want to go to the next post that interests me, I have to go back to new posts again.

Also the site never brings me to the last post read unless I click on View first unread. Most other sites I read will do that automatically, they keep track of what I've read and bring me to the next post. There must be a way to do it without having to click that link every time.

· Registered
39,062 Posts
You pretty much have it figured out.

There is an icon that shows that you've posted to a thread.

You can also subscribe to a post.

But I've never seen anything on this s/w that takes you directly to a new unread post without subscribing, unlike the s/w that chevytalk uses. That is a nice feature there.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate to say it, but I just don't have the patience for this site the way it works. It seems crazy to have to click that link every time. Maybe it will change someday when they need to do an upgrade.

· Premium Member
9,014 Posts
I've been a member here for a while but I don't spend as much time here as I do on a competitors site
I hate to say it, but I just don't have the patience for this site the way it works. It seems crazy to have to click that link every time.
They are not our competitors, We have never competed with another forum, people are free to be members of all forums etc. and our forum works pretty good. We as always wish chevytalk well, thier software is differant from ours.

We just passed 15,000 members so we are doing something right.

Otis:)

· Registered
13,222 Posts
I'm the opposite.
I much prefer the way this site works vs. CT.

· Administrator
50,800 Posts
Maybe it will change someday when they need to do an upgrade.
John i hope this site never changes. I have found it much more friendly than ct. And it isn`t hard at all to figure out from my point of view.
Terry

· Registered
795 Posts
The one thing I hate the most is change. In my life time change has only brought heart aches and stress. Keep it like it is. The harder you work at learning something the easier it gets.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I should have realized you guys would jump on me for posting about the site. Don't get me wrong, I like the site and the people, it just takes too long to read compared to CT. I thought I must be missing something.

Otis, I guess I used a word you didn't like when I said competitor. I don't know what else you would call them. I think their software is far superior, but that is only my opinion, you don't have to agree.

My point was I spend 15-20 minutes on this site and hours on CT, only because it's easier for me.

As far as having 216 posts, I've been on this site for 3 years. Do you really think that is a lot of posts?

I guess I'll just keep going the way I have been. I just don't see the reason for bringing a person back to the original post if they've already read it.

6,794 Posts
Never have seen Ct as a competitor, just another venue. If it works better for you, great (still try it at times and totally opposite opinion as you). Sure hope they never change what's going on here. Information here has helped me tremendously. JMO Lloyd This is not jumping on you.

· Trifive Facebook Admin
10,551 Posts
Its good to be slow, cause I sure don't even get what the issue is here:sign0020: If its too hard to use it then don't use it, I sure wouldn't, but what makes it hard to use? Most all of us on here use CT and many other sites, I expect them all to be different, I don't think either is easier or harder to use, just different:confused0006:

Randy

6,794 Posts
Its good to be slow, cause I sure don't even get what the issue is here:sign0020: If its too hard to use it then don't use it, I sure wouldn't, but what makes it hard to use? Most all of us on here use CT and many other sites, I expect them all to be different, I don't think either is easier or harder to use, just different:confused0006:

Randy
Darn it, you said it much better. Lloyd

· Registered
39,062 Posts
Here we go again about this is a better site because the posters are more friendly than CT. I'm guessing it's over 50% the same people!!!!

The biggest difference is that there's now many more posts here.

I do like the feature of their s/w that takes you to the first unread post in a thread. The new posts feature here at least shows you which thread has a new post but you have to scroll through to find where you left off.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.