Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was communicating with another member with a 57 about the possibility of putting in a GPS, where the speaker grille is....I've seen a few at some car shows.....Has any one here done it? How hard is it? What does it entail?

·
Administrator
66,194 Posts
Its a matter of getting a wiper motor arm adjusted to the right height on up and down. A single switch that you can forward & reverse the motor for the up & down function.

Don (Acardon) did something very similiar with his front number plate.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
I really like the idea.......could even put a TV there, but I'd have to stay awake to watch it.....:sign0020:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
That looks pretty slick!!! :tu

Have no idea how they did it, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard at all. Tons of actuators out on the market today, and this looks like a much smaller version of those pop up TV cabinets :)

·
51,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
My wife Dixie is my navigator.
Printed maps or smartphone compatible and she's much easier to install.
Plus the easy, automatic uninstall feature is great too. :sign0020:

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
My wife Dixie is my navigator.
Printed maps or smartphone compatible and she's much easier to install.
Plus the easy, automatic uninstall feature is great too. :sign0020:
My wife is (was) the navigator as well. The bad thing with her is she usually says " Hey, we were supposed to turn back there". Where the GPS says Now, turn here. I like the GPS, less frustration and saves gas by not back-tracking. :)

·
51,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife is (was) the navigator as well. The bad thing with her is she usually says " Hey, we were supposed to turn back there". Where the GPS says Now, turn here. I like the GPS, less frustration and saves gas by not back-tracking. :)
My wife bought me a Garmin for Christmas a while back.....One of the best presents she has ever got for me.....Use it all the time....Even in town, since Jacksonville is so large.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts