Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thousands of cars were ruined because of hurricane Katrina. Lots of warnings to get a Car-Fax report before buying a used car.

I'm wondering how many might have been Tri-five Chevy's (and other hot rods for that matter).
That would not be too good to have your restoration filled with mud, or worse.
I guess those folks have more to worry about than old cars.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Very good point Vaughn. Water damage could be a real problem cropping up in the next couple of years when some of these cars dry out and get sold. Like you said, get a carfax report and don't stop there...nothing beats an in person inspection. Be careful. This reminds me of several years ago when they had those great big floods in the midwest and there were stories of lots of cars being shipped to other parts of the country to be sold in the hopes that the buyers wouldn't think about the possible water damage.

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
Well there have done been a few posted on e-bay for sale by a seller in grand prairie,Tx. that were katrina flood cars. a 55 chevy, 62 vette, and a few others that i can`t remember what year and model they were.
Terry.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
chevman57 said:
Well there have done been a few posted on e-bay for sale by a seller in grand prairie,Tx. that were katrina flood cars. a 55 chevy, 62 vette, and a few others that i can`t remember what year and model they were.
Terry.
If they're advertised as 'flood cars' or the like then there's really no problem, it's when they take these cars to another part of the country and 'pretend' that they've never been flooded...that's what I don't like! Too many unsuspecting, trusting people out there who'll be taken in and screwed!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think Allstate has a cool commercial about that... guy is coming up with an ad for his car that was flooded.... something like....

1998 Honda
Water damaged inter.....

New Upholstery

It all in how you describe it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts