Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I'm in the progress of restoring my 1957 Chevrolet 150 Handyman, with the delivery closed sides. It is still in need of some metal-work but in the meantime I was thinking about the paint. I have set my mind on some Hot Rod Flatz paint.

Since I live in the Netherlands, I have to order it from the good old USA and I don't want to come out short when I'm standing in the paintbooth ;)

Could one of you guys indicate me how much I approx. need?

A little bit extra is no problem.

·
Administrator
66,194 Posts
On a 57 sedan in two tone, 4 good coats of base on lower half roughly 10 litres which is around 3 gallons.

Top color was 4 litres which was roughly 1 gallon.

Others will chime in :anim_25:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I think I used 2 gal. for 4 coats to the bottom and 1 gal. for 4 coats to the top.
I think I used 4 gal. of clear for 4 liberal coats.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Hello Guys,

I'm in the progress of restoring my 1957 Chevrolet 150 Handyman, with the delivery closed sides. It is still in need of some metal-work but in the meantime I was thinking about the paint. I have set my mind on some Hot Rod Flatz paint.

Since I live in the Netherlands, I have to order it from the good old USA and I don't want to come out short when I'm standing in the paintbooth ;)

Could one of you guys indicate me how much I approx. need?

A little bit extra is no problem.
Question for the masses; these FLATZ paints, can they be clear coated later if a change in luster was wanted? Not a painter but would like to have the knowledge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts