Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was searching around for a while and can't find the answer to how much a 55 150 sedan weighs. Any help??

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,893 Posts
Hey guys, I was searching around for a while and can't find the answer to how much a 55 150 sedan weighs. Any help??
Got this off the net:

Model 150-Weight range (lbs.)-3,070-3,275

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David, I would've thought more than that! I'm thinking about towing my 55 to Bowling Green for the Goodgusy show with a 05 Nissan Xterra and need to make sure it doesn't exceed the weight rating! Ideally I would like to use a full size Chevy, but can't find anyone in Memphis who will let me borrow one! For some weird reason no one wants to let you use their truck to tow 800 miles :) Chickens!

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
The Trifives are very light- just can't convince my younger friends in their Acuras and Nissans of that. -But I think that is the "dry" wieght. You have to add a couple hundred to be fair. :)
Good luck with the trip.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
The Trifives are very light- just can't convince my younger friends in their Acuras and Nissans of that. -But I think that is the "dry" wieght. You have to add a couple hundred to be fair. :)
Good luck with the trip.
Last year I had my 57 on the scales. It was 1650 kilo's wet with some junk in the trunk.
That would be around 3666 lbs. Stock 283 + th350.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The 57 Chevy is about 500 lbs lighter than the new Camaro...

2010 Camaro (from chevrolet.com web site)
Weight 3728 – 3849
Length 190.4 in.
Width 75.5 in.
Height 54.2 in.
Wheelbase 112.3 in.

1957 Chevy Bel Air (2 door Sedan V8) (from classiccardatabase.com)
Weight 3265 in.
Length 200 in.
Width 73.9 in.
Height 61.5 in.
Wheelbase 115 in.

·
Registered
37,987 Posts
"Real" 55-57 cars usually weigh about 200 pounds more than the published weights. Don't ask me why because I don't know the full answer.

I'm sure the published weights don't include any options other than engine/transmission. But there were few options. They probably don't include undercoating. That still doesn't nearly account for 200 pounds.

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
I'm sure the published weights don't include any options other than engine/transmission.
The "Tri Chevy Red Book" shows 3,240 lbs. for that. And that includes 97lbs for gas,33 lbs for water. Deduct 30lbs from that if it is a V-8.
Terry

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I weighed my 4drht at a rock quarry about a month ago. Then just today to double check I went to the local landfill. Both times it weighed 3600#

I also tried to weigh the back half, then the front half. The weight was off by 100# on each end with a total of 3800#

Stanley

1 - 12 of 12 Posts