Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good evening from the uk. i have spent this week on holiday from work so i have worked twice as hard as usual by spending 12 hrs a day rebuilding the frame off '56. i have got loads done but also not as much as my project list said i would, that said i got to thinkinking today whilst having lunch 'how much would a brand new belair cost today, ?'
it would have to be priced at two levels,

1, as an original belair but with 'subtle updates'
four barrel carb,electric ign. full dress up, power steering, discs all round powered etc,uprated shox/springs, update dash and column, not digital, cd radio etc, plush sound-deadened carpets, seat belts, half leather seats and cards,

2, as an original belair but all singing all dancing, as above but digital dash and trans, drive by wire ecu to all electronics etc, full leather, heids suspension,

get thinking and pricing it would be nice to see where it sat in todays market

have fun tim dooley, the -dools

" its a beautiful thing to handle "

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Dools
New Price , Today....Thats a scary thought ! :eek:
More importantly
were are the progress pic's of your 56 :confused0006:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Using the list price of a 1956 Bel Air 2HT of $2176 and an online inflation calculator, it would cost $17,440.88 in today's dollars - which only shows you how much of a rip-off new cars are.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
Using the list price of a 1956 Bel Air 2HT of $2176 and an online inflation calculator, it would cost $17,440.88 in today's dollars - which only shows you how much of a rip-off new cars are.
I will take two !!!!! where do i put in my order :confused0006:

·
Registered
36,125 Posts
If you look at all the things that are plastic in a new car that are steel or some kind of metal in a 55-57, and then look at the cost of all the stainless steel trim, chromed pot metal castings, etc. vs. virtually no trim on a new car or truck, and what of that is is plastic, I think a 55-57 with typical modern options would be around $50,000-60,000. About what the sticker on a new highly optioned Suburban is, or a bit more. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Are there any limits or can we order as many as we want:questionmark: It would be nice to be able to order a new one since I was only 11 years old the last time they were new:confused0006: Later, Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
picture progress report

Dools
New Price , Today....Thats a scary thought ! :eek:
More importantly
were are the progress pic's of your 56 :confused0006:
i will upload some thismorning, trouble is im more a mechanical guy than a pc guy, computer phobic !
the dools:anim_44:

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just did one for Australia - a '57 was around 2075 Pounds ($4150) and assuming inflation follows a representative ‘basket of goods and services’ I get 53,625.79 at the end of 2009.

That's about $US 48000.

For that you could buy a (GM) Holden Commodore SS with 6.0L Gen IV V8!

Wow!:burnout:

Geoff B

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just did one for Australia - a '57 was around 2075 Pounds ($4150) and assuming inflation follows a representative ‘basket of goods and services’ I get 53,625.79 at the end of 2009.

That's about $US 48000.

For that you could buy a (GM) Holden Commodore SS with 6.0L Gen IV V8!

Wow!:burnout:

Geoff B
possibly £70,000.00 gbp wow ill stick with the restored model
later, the dools

1 - 10 of 10 Posts