Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sign0016: ....57 .. some custom work done shaved door handles , hood ornaments gone, smooth f bumper, custom console , aluminum bessles, nice audio , new weather striping new paint job over all very nice car a friend of mine has and he wants to sell it so im testing the water on what it can go for. thanks

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Its going to take some one that likes all the custom changes done to it to get much over a 15 to 20k offer i would think. I have seen this a lot with cars done custom to one persons taste it doesnt alway's appeal to the majority and when the majority waunts something that is what demands top money. I am not knocking the car at all i am just saying that it may take a little while to find the right buyer willing to step up with top dollar.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its going to take some one that likes all the custom changes done to it to get much over a 15 to 20k offer i would think. I have seen this a lot with cars done custom to one persons taste it doesnt alway's appeal to the majority and when the majority waunts something that is what demands top money. I am not knocking the car at all i am just saying that it may take a little while to find the right buyer willing to step up with top dollar.
i agree

·
Administrator
66,151 Posts
Although all of the customizing has been done tastefully, its not for the average joe.

The custom interior, bucket seats, metal work does look good, the running gear is a bonus.

Have to remember that its a coupe so value wise it would be up around $20K if the undercarriage & rust has been taken care of.

Looks like there a few other Trifives in that shed too :tu

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Some valid points made here. That's why I don't customize anything. Although, a nice one very well done could bring big dollars, they don't have the appeal or audience for resale. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
That wouldn't even get you the paint and interior. If it also has all the suspension and brakes done, I would say at least 25K.
I'm with you.

15K would be a fire sale price IMHO.

I'd expect a price of 25K minimum.... likely more.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
:congrats: if its as clean as you say...high $20's to low $30's:anim_25:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
It will appeal to a certain type of buyer; then you might get into the $25-30K range. Otherwise it won't appeal to many buyers, though it is nice looking and obviously had a lot custom work done and if the undercarriage has been upgraded it would be a nice driver but not for everyones tastes.

You'll probably have to price it what you or the owner/builder thinks is a fair price, put it on the market and test the response.

·
Registered
67,745 Posts
57 ht, $30,000 would be a good starting point. :anim_25:

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Got to agree with Troy....find someone thats likes that style (like me) and I'd 30 or a little over....:congrats:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just like tri-fives, either custom, semi custom or stock. I think 28,000.00 would be a good price to start if the under carriage is in great shape. I have an almost rust free '57 2 door hard top that don't run that I would have to think long and hard before i sold it for 10,000.00

1 - 16 of 16 Posts