Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when i should grind some welding i did to the floorpan,

The grinder and my thumb made some contact, it dident feelt that bad but my wife insiested that i would see a doctor.

it became 4 stitches and a Christmas with the thumb in a bandage

So take care when you use a grinder and dont make the same mistake.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, I set my self on fire welding the floor pans in, so now I have a large scar on my left leg to remind me of my mistake.

We all learn together.

Otis:)

·
Administrator
49,379 Posts
Safety should always be in the forfront of our minds when working with tools and especially power tools. Sorry guys, i was shown too many safety videos when i worked in a manufacturing plant. Don`t like to see injuries. Keep both hands on tool when operating!! Heal up fast Owe, and enjoy the holidays any way.
Terry

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Ouch!!!! That ranks right up there with slag falling in your pants pocket while cutting with the torch. I say that when I miss the chisel with the 4 lb hammer. Usually with a few other words thrown in. Now you have to relax over Christmas. Have a Merry Christmas.
Dave

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Owe
Hey that has to leave a mark, and you had to pick one of the toughest grinders to do it with. Its tough not to get bumps . cuts and bruises in the sheet metal end of the business you have to be extra extra careful. :cool:
Heal up Owe and enjoy the up coming hollidays. :D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Take care of that thumb Owe!
Relax and enjoy the down time over the holiday. Give yourself time to heal then get back at it without injury and a clear mind. By the way......your floor board looks great! Merry Christmas!!!!

Tom

·
RIP: 06-04-2012
1,082 Posts
Sorry about your thumb, bummer to do it before the Holidays. Merry Christmas....Have a great Tri-Five New Year.

See you at the Power Big Meet.

Wedwagon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts