Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't use my 56 for a daily driver and when I do bring it out it has to be nice (dry) enough to drive a motorcycle... It's easier to keep it clean that way... I keep a cover over it during winter storage and use a California Duster as needed... Once in a while you will get caught in a rain shower and I know these cars were meant to drive and they won't melt like a sugar cube if they get wet but I prefer to keep mine clean and dry... I broke down this morning and drug out the hose, soap and other paraphernalia for car cleaning:bath: As I was going through the ritual I realized it had been two years or so since I last gave the old girl a bath:eek: I was wondering how often others wash their trifive:questionmark: Later, Dave

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I usually just wash mine once in the Spring to get the dust and cat prints off of it from the winter, it isn't good paint so I don't worry about the cats.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I have a carport and dust is a everyday thing. So it works out that I wash it about once a week as I refuse to be seen driving a dirty classic car.

·
Administrator
68,076 Posts
Not often enough mine is kept under wraps that is kept inside a garage usually sees daylight when the weather is fine :D

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Wash? Mine hasn`t been washed since it left the paint shop. I waxed it when the painter told me to. Then i use a wet microfiber towel on it to wipe it down and a dry microfiber towel on it to dry it. And to surprise yall i live on a dirt road. Don`t drive it if it has rained, don`t want mud under it. I dust it with a california duster fairly often too. (oh and it left the paint shop in 2004)
Terry

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Have not washed it or had rain on it in almost 4 years.
It's kept in the garage under a cover, only thing I do when the cover is removed is blow it off, use a Calif. duster and then detail spray with micro towels.

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I wash mine about once a week, have been for 37 years so it is no hassel to do. I've got my pattern down real good, can wash car, tires, and do windows in 45 minutes to an hour, including drying it down. I, too, live on a dirt road, 5 mph max. for me and no dust will stir. It stays on the carport with a cover. I just like to wash it, have washed it, didn't drive it , and washed it again to drive it. Later. Charles :wavey:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Wash the car:eek: don't you remember WATER causes rust?:D

I do wash mine about twice a year once in the spring, once in the fall. Spends most of it's sitting time covered in the garage.

68,758 Posts
never. :eek: its garaged and don't take it out in bad weather. its on the road all year though. :confused0024:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Like most of you, my car is always garaged, usually under a high-quality cover.. However, living down here along the Gulf Coast (although we live 20 miles from the ocean) I think it's important to give the car a full-tilt soap and water bath once in awhile. This full wash down is a chance to carefully rinse off any salt air etc.. and really get it super clean..

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Windshield Wipers... ??

yep, only if it gets caught in rain, and usually itll get caught in rain, seems every good guys show and trip to show in indiana , for long trips , other wise always stays clean
Wow, I was just think'n bout this washin' thing... and it occurred to me I hadn’t even had my windshield wipers on in more than 30 years… :confused0006: which proves I don’t get this thing out much, but that’s about to change. As far as washing, I’m with G.R., I’ve never as much as walked around mine with a bucket of water in more than 25 years I know of, obviously not a daily driver, maybe out 2 – 3 times a month for short trips. However, like Don, I use a California duster every time I drive it, going and coming, if I see finger prints, I wipe’em off with what Terry mentioned. BDR :cool:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
Mine gets a spring cleaning, new wax then and its good for the year, lost of dusting though and detail cleaner.

Randy

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,553 Posts
I feel bad. my 56 has to live outside like a bad dog. i wash it every chance i get . definetly before I drive it anywhere. my other cars are hogging up the garage space . I need to get a good cover for the old thing . :eek:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I've washed mine once since I bought it 2 years ago....I drive it every chance I get, about 10 times a week. To each his own, but I can't understand why people that own a tri-five let it sit in the garage covered up. I will admit, I don't drive in the rain.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You're supposed to wash it?????:confused0006:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I've washed mine once since I bought it 2 years ago....I drive it every chance I get, about 10 times a week. To each his own, but I can't understand why people that own a tri-five let it sit in the garage covered up. I will admit, I don't drive in the rain.
Well some of us aren't fortunate enough to live where it doesn't snow:) I drive mine as often as I can except when it's raining or there is snow and icy roads yet I do cover it when in the garage, it keeps the dust(we live in a dusty climate) and airborne junk off the car. And I'm sure there are other owners that do the same.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts