Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front passenger key lock on my 57 210 4DR doesn't work with the key I have. My key fits everything else so I suspect that the lock is defective or needs to be rekeyed. I plan to remove the lock and take it to a local locksmith.

Before I tear apart the door and try to figure out how to take the lock out myself, I thought I would ask.

How does the lock come out?

-- DD
:confused0006:

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
The front passenger key lock on my 57 210 4DR doesn't work with the key I have. My key fits everything else so I suspect that the lock is defective or needs to be rekeyed. I plan to remove the lock and take it to a local locksmith.

Before I tear apart the door and try to figure out how to take the lock out myself, I thought I would ask.

How does the lock come out?

-- DD
:confused0006:
DD
take door panel off and u will see that a clip holds it on

·
Registered
745 Posts
In the door jamb with the door open next to the key you will see a clip that you can pull out,that is what holds the lock in on a 57.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
You will still have to take your inner door panel off probably. I just did one today and I had to pursuade it by pushing on the retainer plate from the inside (screwdriver and small hammer tapping it out). Once I got it going, I was able to slide it the reat of the way out on the outside door jamb. Then your lock comes out to the outside door.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will still have to take your inner door panel off probably. I just did one today and I had to pursuade it by pushing on the retainer plate from the inside (screwdriver and small hammer tapping it out). Once I got it going, I was able to slide it the reat of the way out on the outside door jamb. Then your lock comes out to the outside door.
Worked like achamp -- thanks.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I got one key and all it did was work the ignition. Pulling all the door locks and keying them all to the one key. Figured why have two keys. If someone is determined to steal it, the locks are not going to stop them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got one key and all it did was work the ignition. Pulling all the door locks and keying them all to the one key. Figured why have two keys. If someone is determined to steal it, the locks are not going to stop them.
I did the same -- problem solved. Cost me $25 but it was really easy. You're right - a little key won't stop anyone.

- DD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts