Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you have an item for sale in the classified seciton, how do you handle the transaction / payment?

I honestly feel that 100% of the REGULAR posters on this forum are honest, but I also think there are a few dishonest people who are not regular posters and who come onto this website and other websites to see if they can scam someone.

I had a guy contact me through my regular email account (instead of sending me a private message through this forum). I know that's not unusual, but in succesive emails, he spelled his name differently. I think he's trying to scam me, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for any advice.

Tim

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,422 Posts
Is he a member here? Look for his handle under "members" tab. Look at his previous posts.
Do you have a pay pal account? Get the payment before sending the part. There's not a company on the internet that won't do the same.
P.S: You can hide your e-mail address and still get a e-mail from tri-five that lets you know when you get a private message.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
If it feels wrong don't do it. I have learned to listen to that voice inside it has saved me many times. If you do go ahead get your money first. good luck

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
He spelled his name differently? What the.... ? You gotta be kiddin. Even when I used to drink I never spelled my name wrong or different. I'd ask him why he spelled his name wrong, and ask him if he's on drugs?

:sign0020:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts