Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been removing stainless on my 57 in prep for painting and don't know how to remove the crown molding, up-right fin molding and dogleg molding. Can any one help?

·
Administrator
49,952 Posts
Very carefully. Seriously, the last set i removed i started at the front point and used my clip removal tool with a thin board under it to prevent denting the quarter panel. Pry up the front and work your way to the rear. There are also screws on the lower part of the vertical piece. There is also a clip under the vertical trim that requires you to slide the trim straight up, although mine doesn`t have those clips.

And Welcome to Tri Five.
Terry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I saw that the Crown Molding was slipped over a base strip so I'll be very careful in removing the crown leaving its base strip intact. Thanks for the info and happy that I found TriFive.com.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Dog leg.

Dog leg trim has a threaded clip on the very lowest pointed end that is held in place by a nut and washer that you have to access from the trunk--(up high behind the hinge). It also has a push-in type connector at the top end and 2 little screws that are attached along the inside rear window. I'm in the process of installing all my trim so I'm learning all this as I go. :anim_25: JIM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim - thanks for the Dog Leg info. I saw the screws in the rear side window channel, but didn't know about the ones behind the trunk hinge. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts